Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HIGHBALL HALLOWEEN


This fall I've been spending most of my free time getting ready for the runway for Columbus's Highball Halloween which will be shutting down High Street in the heart of Columbus, OH on Saturday, October 27th. I am very excited to be one of the designers selected to show my collection and create a couture costume for this year's fashion designer competition. With just under 3 months (now only 3 weeks) and a generous stipend award, I have been challenged in ways I had never imagined and sparking even more imagination.

If you are in the area please come out and enjoy the show and Halloween celebration! 

Welcome to my studio...while it's still clean and organized.


Costume Couture Concept Sketch, which is now evolving.
Gathering materials...shoes that didn't fit.


Gathering materials...shorts from a sample sale.




Embellishment supplies.


Sewing and studding.

Hand sewn Union Jack embellished flag.


Creating ruffles.

Sewing on the structured ruffles.

Starting to come together, but still a long way to go.




No comments: