Monday, September 1, 2008

Modern Day Inspiration

It's been a few months since I've really spent much time continuing to develop Modern Material. I've been extremely busy adjusting to a new full time job in which I am designing fashion accessories and graphics for numerous retail brands. I am really enjoying the exciting projects and creative atmosphere during my 8 to 5. At first I thought I might loose some of the creative motivation I had over the last year, but instead I'm finding it more inspiring as I am constantly surrounded by creativity and style. Time, is still however the hardest part to find.

I found this site while looking over my website analytics and thought you might enjoy it. It all started by someone adding some Modern Material products to their profile, and from there, many other users have branched on. The site is called Polyvore, and it's a fun place for inspiring fashion and style. I've spent the day building my own profile, and hopefully adding more items from Modern Material for other people to use in their style sets. Remember how as a teenager you would cut out your favorite things from your magazines and create a bulletin board on your wall? Well this is basically an online edition where you search the internet for anything cool and trendy, and create your own collage. So far I've seen dozens of users add Modern Material items to their collages. It's cool to see the inspired trends by potential customers.

Here are a few sets I pulled. If you ever have any free time, start your own profile and see what inspires you.


Click to view image.

Well my long weekend is nearing the end. I still have some freelance work to finish and it's finally time to watch the premiere of Gossip Girl! It's a great new show for inspiring trends in fashion, design, style, and music. It's the new O.C. replacement for today's fashionistas.

xoxo

annie

No comments: